Loading...

My Computer

A section of Microsoft Windows that was introduced with the release of Microsoft Windows 95 and included with all versions of Windows afte...


A section of Microsoft Windows that was introduced with the release of Microsoft Windows 95 and included with all versions of Windows after that. My Computer allows the user to explore the contents of their computer drives as well as manage their computer files. In the pictures to the right, are examples of the My Computer icon in Microsoft Windows XP and just Computer, which was introduced with Windows Vista. Although the name has changed, this icon still acts the same as My Computer.
How to open My computer
  1. Get to the Windows Desktop.
  2. Double-click the My Computer icon, this icon is almost always located on the top-left portion of the desktop and should look similar to the icon shown earlier. Below are two examples of what should appear when My Computer is open.

Drive listing in My Computer

Browsing My Computer in Windows 2000
You can also access My Computer or Computer through the start menu, as shown below.
Using My Computer
Once My Computer is open you'll see all available drives on your computer. For most users, you'll only be concerned with the Local Disc (C:) drive, which is the hard drive and what stores all your files. Double-click this drive icon to open it and view of its contents.
Tip: If you're looking for a document such as a word processor file you've created, music file, picture, or other personal file it's likely that it's contained in your documents folder. This folder is displayed in My computer as a folder and usually contains your name. For example, if your username was John, this folder would be named John's Documents.
Finding files in My Computer
If you're having trouble finding where one of your files is stored, use the Windows find feature to find the file. To do this from within My Computer either click on File and then Search or right-click on the C: drive or other folder you wish to search and click Search.
In the Search window, type the name or part of the name of the file you're trying to find.
Adjust system settings with your computer
If you wish to manage your computer or view other settings and information about your computer instead of double-clicking the My Computer icon to open it, right-click on the My Computer icon and click Properties. Performing these steps will open your System Properties (the same window accessible through the Control Panel).
100 Tips 1482482243718359747

Post a Comment

Home item

Recent

Popular Posts

Archives

ADS

Labels

Random Posts